Guildford Borough Council has opportunities available over the Easter and / or summer school holidays for play workers to deliver our holiday play scheme for children and young people. The play scheme, FISH (Fun in School Holidays), is looking for highly motivated and organised individuals who are able to advocate for and demonstrate the value and importance of good quality, play opportunities for children in the borough. The play scheme is held at Kings College, Southway, Park Barn, Guildford GU2 8DU, 09.15 - 17.00.
- To support the delivery of the FISH play scheme, in providing accessible play, cultural and leisure activities for young people aged 10-16 years old.
- To support the play scheme Site Manager and Senior Playworkers in creating stimulating, challenging and fun opportunities for young people attending FISH
1. To be adaptable to the needs of individual young people and responsive to their needs within the play environment.
2. To create a play environment where young people can make choices, access a range of resources and be supported by a responsive and adaptable approach to their play.
3. To be proactive in offering ideas and initiating activities where appropriate whilst having an appreciation of the impact of adult intervention on young people’s freedom to choose and create their own play environment.
4. To have an awareness of risks within the play and leisure opportunities delivered through a robust and considered approach to risk benefit assessments.
5. To ensure that all work is delivered under the procedures and policies for provision in accordance with best practice, health and safety and safeguarding.
6. To support the administration of the scheme as required, ensuring the welfare of all young people.
7. To support the promotion of positive behaviour of young people.
8. To be responsible for communicating with other staff and parents effectively to ensure the welfare of all young people attending the scheme.
9. To participate in safeguarding, FISH training and induction prior to the start of the scheme.
10. To promote and deliver a high public profile and customer care service on behalf of Guildford Borough Council.
11. It is in the nature of work with young people that tasks and responsibilities are in many circumstances unpredictable and varied. All staff are expected to work in a flexible way when the occasion arises.
An Enhanced DBS check for regulated activity will be required for the successful applicant prior to appointment.
If you require further information on the role please contact the Play and Youth Development Officer, Amanda Pick; email@example.com or 01483 444769