Senior Property Standards and Empty Homes Officer
Salary: £38,904 - £42,206 per annum
We need enthusiasm, ideas, energy, as well as technical expertise - we need you!
Among our housing priorities for Elmbridge, we are committed improve housing conditions in the borough. Your role will involve improving the quality, safety, energy efficiency and choice of residential accommodation in Elmbridge.
* You will be working to identify empty homes and seeking to bring them back to use.
* Working with landlords you will promote, monitor and when needed, enforce minimum standards in Houses of Multiple Occupation.
* Responding to residents’ complaints, you will investigate poor housing conditions and take appropriate action.
* Administering caravan site licensing in Elmbridge
As well as having the technical expertise and experience of using environmental health housing legislation to improve housing standards, your experience will include:
* Surveying dwelling for defects and adaptions
* Environmental Health and housing legislation
* Applying the Mobile Homes Act
You are an approachable person, able to handle difficult situations and competing workloads. You will be a good listener, open to new ideas and improving processes when needed. You will be able to work as confidently on your own as you do in a team but most of all your energy and enthusiasm in supporting the people of Elmbridge and their housing needs will shine through.
We know we ask a lot but we give a lot too. We are progressive organisation, committed to supporting the people of Elmbridge and that commitment extends to our employees.
· Wellbeing: When you thrive Elmbridge thrives, which is why we have developed a strong and varied wellbeing programme for our employees, from mindfulness to healthy walks – the options are there for you.
· Learning and development: We all know learning doesn’t stop when you leave university, it is an ongoing journey and we will support you on that journey by creating a bespoke learning and development plan.
· Flexibility: With our commitment to flexible working, you will be able to find work / life balance.
Find out more about our housing service on our website: https://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/housing/