About the role
Dorking Halls is a busy and thriving multi-purpose entertainment venue in Surrey who are looking for someone to work as part of the Technical Department in all duties relating to technical operations of the venue, including shows, hires and events, fit-ups and get-outs as well as the maintenance of the venue including systems back of house and front of house.
As part of the Technical Team, you will help to provide the highest standards of technical support for incoming shows and events, ensuring the best possible presentation of all activities in the venue.
• To act as Duty Technician if required to do so, organising the work of casual staff to ensure that events are properly prepared and delivered and that all other duties are carried out.
• To personally deliver the highest possible standard of customer care to all users of Dorking Halls.
• Setup and operate sound for a standard conference or a small band and to give training to casual staff where required.
• Rig and setup lighting consisting of generic fixtures as well as intelligent lights and to operate the lighting desk (Avolites Pearl Expert) and to give training to casual staff when necessary.
• Rig and setup audio visual equipment for conferences or shows
• To act as a stage manager for incoming events taking responsibility for health and safety for shows and conferences, To fix faults potentially during shows
• To supervise touring crews using the in-house equipment.
• To follow correct procedures and ensure that all projection, technical and stage equipment is safely operated and maintained to the highest possible standards and undertake routine building maintenance work.
• To carry out general maintenance in the Technical & Front Of House areas which includes electrical work to a level that does not require certification.
• To be aware of current Health and Safety legislation and ensure that casual staff and visiting companies adhere to these and other statutory, licence and fire regulations.
This post involves shift work, late night working and working weekends and bank holidays. The post holder must have a flexible approach to working to reflect the changing nature of the business.
• Good knowledge and experience of setting up and operating stage lighting Inc. intelligent lights
• Good knowledge of setting up and operating sound equipment – (including Digico Mixers or a willingness to learn)
• Experience of working with amateur organisations
• Experience of working in the technical department of a busy theatre venue
• The ability to read and write fluently in English
• Current First Aid at Work Qualification or willingness to gain within first year of post.
• IPAF 3a or willingness to gain qualification
• PAT certification or a willingness to gain qualification
• Willingness to gain further training and prepared to travel for training.
For an informal chat about the role, please contact Michael Knight on 01306 879316. Alternatively you can contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applicants: Midday 17 February 2020
Interview dates: Week Commencing 24 February 2020
MVDC is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to apply
Visit our careers website https://jobsatmolevalley.co.uk/job/events-technician/or email our careers inbox email@example.com submit your CV along with a supporting statement, to let us know how you meet the required skills and experience of the job description and person specification.