We have an exciting opportunity within Case Services for an experienced Housing Allocations Officer to join the Resident Support Team. Working within the Housing Needs service you will be responsible for the maintenance of the Council’s Housing Needs Register and administration of the Council’s Choice Based Lettings Scheme – Homechoice.
As a level 3 (M1) Case Officer you will apply your expert knowledge and creative thinking to complex problems and act as lead case owner for more complex cases, you will promote new ways of working and will support the Team Leader in the operational management of the team.
You will work closely with colleagues delivering the Council’s landlord service, Community Surveyors and other providers of social housing operating in the district.
- The effective management of the Council’s Housing Needs Register
- Administration of the Council’s Choice Based Lettings scheme; including advertising properties, shortlisting bids and verification of applications – including home visits and financial assessments
- The allocation of social housing in the district, including the Council’s own housing stock and via nomination agreements with other social housing providers, in accordance with the Council’s Allocation Scheme
- Preparation of tenancy agreements accompanied viewings and signing-up of council tenancies
- Coordination, verification and administration of Mutual Exchange applications
The ideal applicant
- Will have excellent understanding of relevant housing legislation, regulation and guidance
- Will have experience of working in a lettings environment in either the public or private sector
To succeed, you will need to be committed to the delivery of excellent customer focussed service, resourceful and flexible in your approach and have a willingness to take ownership of cases seeing them through to a successful conclusion. You will have excellent communication and inter-personal skills, be well organised, have an eye for detail, and the ability to use initiative and creativity to solve challenging problems.
Case Officers are expected to be flexible and supportive of colleagues and may, on occasions, be required to support other service areas within the Case Services remit.
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 10 February 2020.