An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced, committed and enthusiastic individual to join our busy Electoral Services team at Runnymede Borough Council which serves a population of over 80,000 people.
This role will deputise for the Electoral Services Manager in her absence and will assist in managing the Electoral Services team, ensuring the delivery of high quality and professional electoral services for the Council. Substantial knowledge of the law and practice relating to Electoral Registration and Elections is key to this role as you will assist with the maintenance and publication of the annual electoral registration canvass. Previous experience of working in electoral services during an election period is required as well as political awareness, sensitivity and impartiality.
The successful candidate will support the administration of the register of electors, including carrying out the annual canvass and the delivery of all elections as necessary (including Parliamentary and District elections) and any referendum and polls.
You must therefore have:
- Previous experience in the running of elections and Electoral Registration
- The ability to deputise in the absence of the Electoral Services Manager
- The AEA Certificate or educated to a degree level or equivalent
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of using Electoral Registration Software, preferably Xpress
- The ability to work additional hours as required during election and annual canvass periods
- Experience of dealing with members of the public and Elected Members
- A current driving licence and access to personal transport
Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise will aid you in meeting tight deadlines and help you to manage a demanding and diverse workload. Excellent IT skills including previous experience of operating an Electoral Registration software system is essential as well as good oral and written communication skills.
This role will require you to work additional hours during peak periods including weekends and bank holidays.
Please apply online at www.surreyjobs.info. Full information is available on the website. If it is difficult for you to apply online, please contact Human Resources on 01932 425514 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CVs will not be considered. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please provide an email address where possible as you may be contacted by email if you are selected to attend for an interview.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Kath Richards, on 07568 521590
Closing Date: Sunday 26th January 2020
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 12th February 2020