Business Support Officer (Admin) (Post 03.131)
Temporary Contract 6 – 12 months
Salary: £23,019 – £26,624 per annum
Are you a pro-active, motivated and confident individual who is seeking a challenging role with good career prospects? If the answer is “yes” then we’d love hear from you and to help you ‘kick start’ your career within a busy office environment.
Guildford is a regional centre for leisure, business, education, shopping and culture set in beautiful countryside which includes the Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guildford is a thriving market town and is a principal shopping destination with a vibrant night time economy. The town’s geographical location provides excellent transport links in all directions, London is just 30 minutes away on the train and the town is well served by frequent bus routes and subsidised Park and Ride facilities. All of this contributes to a quality of life that attracts many people to live, work in and visit Guildford.
What’s in it for you?
With some 900 employees, we are a hugely diverse organisation delivering a wide range of services and employing people with an even broader range of skills. We are eager to attract the best so we provide excellent training opportunities, including support towards professional qualifications and offer well established flexible working arrangements including the ability to vary your start and finish times and take extra flexi days (by agreement). We also offer many other benefits including health and wellbeing initiatives and discount at a range of well known high street shops and supermarkets. This role attracts a salary of £23,019 – £26,624 per annum depending on experience and an annual leave entitlement of 22 days plus bank holidays.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide support as required for other officers within the Business Support team and the Service Unit.
- Update inspection and raise repair requests in response to completed pre-inspections carried out by Maintenance Repairs Officers.
- Monitor and manage the cyclical gas servicing program of Council social housing stock (4500 properties) to ensure all gas boilers receive an annual service / safety inspection.
- Manage Right to Buy applications on behalf of N&HMS liaising with Legal Services, Estates and external housing providers as required.
- Carry out tenancy management related updates on the department’s housing management system, specifically, confirmation of new tenancies, (including garages), rent adjustments, name changes and succession amendments.
What you need to succeed in this role:
At a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A proactive approach, with strong administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence in dealing with people at all levels.
- Conscientious attitude and attention to detail.
- A good standard of numeracy and literacy
- IT skills
It would be great if you also have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills with the ability to take the initiative.
A basic DBS check will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sue Watts, Business Support Manager on 01483 444310
Closing date: 3 December 2019 Interview dates: TBC